Did you know that the Torrance Refinery…
- Started operations in the city of Torrance in 1929 – we turn 90 next year!
- Provides 20 percent of the gasoline used by Southern California motorists
- Provides a very significant amount of the jet and marine diesel fuels used at Los Angeles International Airport and the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach
- Creates jobs for nearly 1,000 workers and contractors
- Has a job multiplier of 15! This means that for every one job supplied by the refinery, there are 15 others supported throughout California
- Donated over $400,000 to local nonprofits and schools in 2017
- Has partnered with the City of Torrance and the Torrance Unified School District for 28 years on a summer jobs program that has provided real-world work experiences for 970 Torrance students, donating over $2 million to support the program
- Has a robust employee volunteer program: each year, Torrance Refinery employee volunteers provide hundreds of hours of community service locally.
Check out our Torrance Refinery Fact sheet to learn more!