1. Have a Plan: To develop or review a plan for yourself and/or your family, visit ready.gov.
2. Communicate: Make sure family members know where your plan is located and know what to do.
3. Practice. Practice. Practice: Practice safe practices at home to know what to do in case of an emergency. For example, a great time to practice how to “Shelter in Place” is when the monthly test of Community Sirens is conducted on the first Wednesday of the month in Torrance.
4. Sign Up to Receive Emergency Notifications:
• TorranceAlerts can be sent via landline phone, cell phone, text message or email. Go to www.ToranceCA.Gov/TorranceAlerts.
• Beach Cities Community Awareness Emergency Response (CAER): Visit www.beachcitiescaer.org.
• Alert SouthBay: visit www.alertsouthbay.com or text ‘ALERTSB” to 888-777 to register.