We are the Torrance Refining Company, a subsidiary of PBF Energy, and the new owner of the Torrance Refinery.
We have been busy over the past nine months introducing ourselves to neighbors, elected officials and appointees, regulators, and community leaders. We look forward to getting to know the community even better and introducing you to our company.
PBF Energy is a publicly traded (NYSE-PBF) Fortune 250 company that focuses on petroleum refining and logistics. In simple terms, we convert raw materials, many sourced in California, into fuels and other products that provide consumers with the highest standards of living and mobility in history.
Most importantly, we are ready to operate the refinery safely, reliably, and in an environmentally responsible manner, while continuing our outreach efforts to be a positive influence in the community.
We welcome into the PBF family approximately 700 new employees from the refinery and throughout southern California who joined us on July 1. In addition, we welcome the contractors providing valuable services to the refinery and other assets we acquired.
With the Torrance acquisition complete, PBF now operates five refineries. At each location, PBF is dedicated to:
- Operating the refinery and logistics assets safely, reliably, and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Becoming a valued member of the community by establishing trust and building credibility through open, honest, and timely communication.
- Developing lasting relationships by supporting community programs based on employee volunteerism, philanthropy, and environmental stewardship.
- Supporting the local economy with high paying jobs and purchases of services and supplies.
- Developing our skilled, well-trained, and qualified workforce by providing opportunities for professional growth.
We are excited to be a new member of this community and proud to call Torrance home.
Tom Nimbley, Chairman & CEO | Jeff Dill, Western Region President
To learn more about PBF, please visit our website at www.pbfenergy.com.